In 1957 Roger Gerhart bought a used 933 Cat loader, and a Reo dump truck. The business quickly grew from doing small residential and farm jobs, to become one of the largest commercial site work, highway, bridge and waterway contractors in south-central Pennsylvania. In addition to contracting, Roger E. Gerhart companies also supplied sand & gravel materials for other area contractors.
In the mid 1970’s, the focus of the Gehart companies shifted from the contracting business to sales, service and equipment rentals with the signing of dealer agreements with Northwest Engineering, for their well established line of cranes, shovels and draglines, and Mack Trucks Inc to become the exclusive area distributor for their M-series off -highway trucks.
In 1976 Gerhart Equipment Company was established, and in 2000, the name changed to Gerhart Machinery Company. For over 40 years, Gerhart’s have been re-building and re-manufacturing crawler & truck mounted cranes and dragline machines, of all makes including Link Belt, American, Manitowoc and others.
Gerhart Machinery is located in Lititz, Pennsylvania, with over 25 acres of used equipment, and crane related attachment inventory, and one of the largest heavy equipment repair facilities in the area.
Click Mack Truck Logo to visit Gerhart’s All Mack Truck Event page.